Thursday, August 21, 2008

Heading South

This weekend, Pat & I are headed to Thousand Oaks to visit his family. We'll celebrate both his brother's and sister-in-law's birthdays, and attend and celebrate the Baptism of our grand-niece, Jillian, daughter of our nephew Mike and his wonderful wife Stephanie. Jillian is their second child, son Sean is 6 (or is it 7, oh my!) Anyway, I made these cards for the events. The gift card was basically following the instructions on Patty Bennett's blog (www.pattystamps.com) with a twist. I cut the cardstock at 5 1/2x11, still scored at 3", 5 1/2", and 8". Then, after I folded it in half, and folded the flaps back, I added a coordinating piece of cardstock (5 1/2 x 4 1/4). It makes a full sized card.
Okay, I also used all retired stamps, the Back Nine, It's Your Birthday. I added the printing off my computer, both for Mike's card and Jillian's Baptism card. For my sister-in-law Patricia's birthday card, I used retired DSP in her favorite colors, but it would be easy enough to do in current colors.
Anyway, I had a great time, hope you enjoy them as well.

No comments: