Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday

I got this idea from my friend Kristen (boy, I say that a lot!) She brought in a similar card, which I took a picture of and now can't find ( I think the camera ate it, it looked so good!) Anyway, I remembered mostly how it was set up, and had a great time making this ice cream card. I ran the kraft paper through the crimper at an angle, and then turned it and ran it through again. It made a very subtle criss-cross pattern, much like a waffle cone, but I added the close to cocoa lines with a marker to make it more dramatic. I played with sizes and shapes of both the cone and the background, you can make it larger or smaller, depending on what you prefer. I used Tombow Glue and Dazzling Diamonds for the dots and Sweet Always DSP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Can't wait to try it. TFS!