Monday, April 27, 2009

More Stair-Step Cards
















I am so in love with this cardmaking style! I'll probably play with several more before I get it out of my system, but it's SO easy, an makes such cute cards. I did the one for our class last week, which is an earlier post, then I made one similar, but added the scary bear from Under the Stars and gave him a hat (from Party Hearty) and a birthday banner, which I stamped, then free-handed, to make him a happier guy! The flower card, I made from things I had in my "components" drawer, that place I keep leftovers from projects, ideas and samples. I had stamped and cut out a "bunch" of flowers from Petal Pizzazz for an idea I had for a swap at our group meeting in Feb (and didn't use), so I started adding them to the "steps" and realy liked the effect. I cased the project from Aimee ( see stampinwithaimee.blogspot.com) but the process is simple enough. You start with a piece of CS 5" x 10.5". Score at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6" and 8 1/4". Fan fold from the shortest piece and start adding your components. The only "trick" is to fold it flat every now and then to be sure you have a nice look when it comes out of the envelope and don't have a big gap. Other than that, it's easier than it looks, and is really impressive to whoever receives it! Have fun. I'm sure you'll see more of them from me! I think the flower card, or one like it, would make a nice Mother's Day card. Enjoy!

No comments: