Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bella Rose Book Class




On a recent trip to the Bay Area, I attended a class/workshop at Patty Bennett's house where we created these amazing books using Bella Rose Designer Series Papers and a myriad of other fabulous SU products. You can see the full book on Patty's Blog at www.pattystamps.com. We worked many hours, just to get the insides ready so we could bind them. After I returned home, I spent a few more hours finishing the embellishments on the inside and deciding how to decorate the outside. I really love the faux "quilt" look, and woke up one morning with this image in my mind. First, I covered the whole outside of the book with Pirouette Pink DSP. Then, I started with a piece of the Bella Rose DSP with a pink rose and then punched Photo corners from contrasting DSP. When you line them up around the outside of the rose, you get the center of this page (looks like a pieced quilt). The remaining "quilt" pieces are just ever increasing sizes of contrasting papers, set at angles to each other to build to the outside border. On the back, I simply cut a piece of DSP in half on the diagonal and turned one over, snailed it all down and added ribbon. It was lots of fun andI'm really happy with the result. Enjoy.

No comments: