Thursday, January 15, 2009

God Bless America




Last Monday, Patrick and I attended the swearing in ceremony for new naturalized citizens. There are now over 1100 new citizens in the Fresno area alone! That's quite impressive. We went because a good friend of ours became a citizen that day. She's been in this country for many years and is proud to be a true American now! We gave her an American flag to hang outside her new home and I made this card for her. I used the Classic Stars wheel with Brilliant Blue Ink, then Brilliant Blue and Real Red cardstock. Then I punched out stars to add. I had punched a square out of the brilliant Blue and was just going to layer it behinD the "Congrats" but my husband laid the discarded piece over the letters and said, why don't you do this and back it in red. I think he was right! I thought you'd like to see. The ceremony was quite moving, and it was amazing to see people from nearly every country pledging their loyalty to our great country. Welcome to America, Lucia!


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Ellen - what a great American story! Makes me more proud to be an American.

Kristen